Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Real Cinderella Man

Cinderella stories: When the underdog comes out on top
I believe the title of this movie was "Cinderella Man" because the boxer originally was losing and playing with injuries. He was also old, after being fired for a dull fight he had time to heal completely and learned how to use his left hand. He came back stronger than ever when the opportunity presented itself with very little preparation. Then, went on to win and beat the young amazingly gifted boxer that had killed someone in the ring. He, the underdog, came out on top.
I enjoyed this movie immensely, I loved James Braddock. Today many people are struggling trying to keep and provide for their family. Also, people trying to prove themselves whether it is to themselves, strangers, friends, family , or the world.
In the scene where Braddock's son stole food in a desperate attempt to keep their family together is very touching. I could not imagine the act of stealing something, I have to big of a fear of getting caught. This young boy was so scared of being apart from his family he was willing to do anything, I see the reasoning in this decision.
I prefer a good villain, I would not have been so into the movie as I was if he had not been rude and cocky. I understand why his family was upset but every hero needs a villain.
I think that it was admirable of Braddock to beg for money from people that he once used to work under. It is hard putting your pride aside and asking for help when you are in desperate need of it. It said a lot about his character and exposed a different side of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment