Thursday, February 20, 2014

Glory

I did particularly care for the movie Glory. At time the movie made me upset- they created a all black regiment but they weren't allowed to fight. The soldiers dedicated and risked their lives to be  their and they did not get an ounce of respect. I liked that their regiment leader fought for them to get new shoes and the military uniforms, also that he refused to take pay if they refused. I would not recommend this movie to anyone, simply because I did not enjoy it.
I believe that people are willing to die for the country because they are willing to spear their lives for others. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself into battle and represent their country. I do think that the men of the 54th Massachusetts are hero's, they went through a lot to even fight in the war! They broke barriers for the African-American race as a whole- they integrated war. Shaw is also a hero, he lead the 54th Massachusetts regiment, not only into battle but also trained and represented them.
The significance of this magnificent story is the 54th Massachusetts integrated war, they were the first all black regiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment