Thursday, March 20, 2014

Defiance

In my opinion the beginning of this movie was rather slow. Not saying they should have glorified events but I felt as if not every detail included was necessary. One of my lasting impressions of this movie was the entire group eating a horse, also the man that attempted to take over the group.
"Our revenge is to live." -Tuvia
I believe this means that they are well aware that the Germans want them to die, and want to kill off every Jew, but in spite of what the Germans want they will live and prosper. Opposed to killing Germans for killing Jews they will live and love, they will eventually live to reproduce and find happiness again.
Humanity and Revenge will always coexist. As long as their are spiteful, ignorant, and selfish people in this world their will always be revenge. I think the real question is if we can eliminate revenge from humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment